Calf contour correction with the use of implants has become a sought-after procedure by men and women alike. It improves not only in the volume of the main calf muscle, but also its shape and positioning. These implants are made of soft, solid silicone and are designed to duplicate the shape of the two sides of the main calf muscle. After conferring with Dr. Lorenc, you will decide which shape, size, and location meets your physical ideal.
- IV sedation
- Small incisions
- Implants are inserted
- Moderate recovery time
Is It Right For You?
Calf augmentation might be right for you if:
- You have worked long and hard at the gym without seeing satisfactory results in your calf muscles
- You want to increase the size and shape of your calf muscle for a more masculine look
- Twilight anesthesia
- A small incision is made in the back of each knee, in the natural crease.
- Soft implants are then inserted
Recovery and Healing
- After the surgery is completed, a compression sleeve or garment will be placed around each calf
- The garment will be worn for several days
- Strenuous exercise and any lifting should be avoided until cleared by Dr. Lorenc
- Slight swelling may be present for up to three months but the visible rewards will soon follow