What is a Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)?
Tummy Tuck, also referred to as Abdominoplasty, is a surgical procedure that eliminates sagging to create a tight, flat midsection with a slimmer, more flattering waistline. It is used often in patients who have lost a significant amount of weight or patients who have excess skin due to pregnancy.
- Two abdominal incisions
- Muscles are pulled together under the skin and skin is tightened
Ideal candidate for Abdominoplasty
If you have any of the following conditions, you may be a good candidate for Abdominoplasty.
- Loose skin on the stomach, especially below the belly button
- Weak abdominal muscles
- A little bulge on the bottom part of your tummy
- Tummy bulge that doesn’t respond to long-term diet and exercise
Tummy Tuck Procedure
- Skin and fat are removed from the middle and lower tummy, and it tightens the abdominal wall muscles
- Underlying muscles are tightened by pulling them close together and stitching them into a new position
- Loosened skin is then stretched down and excess skin is removed
- Incisions are closed with absorbable sutures, and a firm elastic dressing is placed over the abdominal area
Tummy Tuck Recovery
- You may be up and around the next day
- Most patients can return to work after one week
- If you have bruising or swelling, it should subside after a few weeks
- Your stomach may be numb for several months following surgery
- Strenuous activity and any lifting should be avoided until cleared by Doctor Lorenc
- Expect up to a year for incisions to flatten and fade
Schedule a consultation
Learn more about the Tummy Tuck procedure and find out if you are a good candidate. Call (212) 472-2900 to schedule a consultation at our office in New York City.