Second only to the face, the hands are the most noticed part of the body. Even with a more youthful appearance of the face, your age can easily be given away by the appearance of your hands. Radiesse® is a cosmetic skin filler used around the world to give your hands a more full, younger appearance.
Composed of tiny microspheres in a gel-like medium, Radiesse® contains calcium hydroxylapatite, a substance normally found in the body. The microspheres fill in around the tendons and veins of the hands, giving an immediate improvement with the first treatment. Over time Radiesse® dissolves and is replaced by collagen, leaving behind a healthy collagen matrix that can last for up to two years. This allows Radiesse® to give your hands a younger appearance that lasts much longer than other dermal fillers.
Dr. Lorenc has had wonderful successes using Radiesse®:
“This is a simple office procedure that gives beautiful results to your hands using a hydroprotein found in everyone’s skin, so allergic reactions simply don’t occur. And the improvement lasts so long!”
- Commonly used for aging hands, giving a more full, supple, youthful appearance
- Not tested on animals and contains no animal products
- Often mixed with a local anesthetic to minimize discomfort during injection
- Simple outpatient procedure, usually completed in 15 minutes depending on the number and extent of areas treated
- Results can usually be seen immediately, although the final result may require a week to develop
- Radiesse® causes the skin to lay down collagen, rather than relying on the injection of collagen as used in other procedures
- Usually only one treatment is necessary
- Results are long-lasting but not permanent – patients may require retreatment