A blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery, is a procedure that lifts the upper eyelids and corrects “puffiness” and sagging in the lower lids. An eyelid lift helps to restore a more energetic and youthful appearance and can help improve vision problems caused by sagging eyelids.
Dr. Lorenc’s surgical objective during a blepharoplasty is to create a dramatic yet virtually undetectable improvement to one’s appearance.
Who is an ideal candidate?
Blepharoplasty may be right for you if you experience:
• Loose, sagging skin around the eyes, which may impair vision
• Excessive fatty “pouches” around the eyelids
• Muscle laxity around the eyes
• Hollow eye sockets
Other considerations that should be weighed when determining if a blepharoplasty is right for you include:
• Your health: No underlying health conditions that may make healing more difficult, and no serious eye conditions
• Your expectations: Individuals should approach an eyelid lift procedure with positive and realistic expectations