Calf augmentation involves the use of implants to enhance the volume, shape, and positioning of the calf muscle. These implants are made of soft, solid silicone and are designed to duplicate the two sides of the calf muscle.
Dr. Lorenc’s surgical objective with calf augmentation is to improve the look and definition of the lower legs.
Who is an ideal candidate?
Calf augmentation is for both men and women who wish to enhance the definition and contour of their lower legs. You may consider calf augmentation if:
• You have worked on your muscle tone with exercise without seeing satisfactory results in your calf muscles
• You want to increase the size and shape of your calf muscles for a more muscular look
• You want to correct the look of imbalances in your calves cause by illness or injury
Other considerations that should be weighed when determining if calf augmentation is right for you include:
• Your health: No underlying health conditions that may make healing more difficult
• Your expectations: Individuals should approach augmentation with positive and realistic expectations