September 30, 2017///
One of the biggest questions that men and women have, regardless of their current age, is how to improve their aging process. Many of us wish we had our doctor’s number on speed-dial so we could learn how to manage the signs of aging as they occur, and sometimes they seem to occur with every passing day. Here, we point out a few ways that you can start aging well right now, at whatever age you are.
Young adults have learned one thing very well: it’s never too early to starting aging well. The primary focus of anti-aging during your twenties is to take good care of your skin – really good care. This means:
- Wear broad-spectrum sunscreen every day, and wearing a wide-brimmed hat on days at the beach or pool.
- Eat well, lots of fruits and vegetables to fight the free radicals that cause premature aging.
- Don’t smoke.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- Obtain professional treatments such as Botox, chemical peels, and BBL light treatments.
When we reach our thirties, we are already losing collagen and volume. That means to slow the aging process need to be more advanced. Healthy eating habits and sun protection remain highly important. Additionally, professional treatments may be obtained a few times a year, or more often. Suggestions include:
- Neuromodulators to minimize muscle contractions on the forehead and around the eyes.
- SkinTyte non-ablative laser treatments are gentle but effective at smoothing the skin.
- Chemical peels to routinely exfoliate dead and damaged cells.
- Dermal fillers, as needed, to plump lips and cheeks and fill lines.
- Laser and light treatments to promote collagen and reduce UV damage.
- Fillers may be used more frequently from this point forward, to replace the teaspoon of volume that is lost each year. Often, more than one product is used.
- Laser skin resurfacing removes dead and damaged cells for a brighter complexion.
- ThermiSmooth heat-based collagen induction therapy, especially around the eyes.
- The fat transfer takes autologous fat cells from one area and introduces them into the cheeks or another area of the face for longer-lasting volume.
- The Silhouette Instalift® is a minimally-invasive procedure that provides a slight lift to sagging mid-face structure.
The Fifties and Beyond
- Routine exfoliation with chemical peels or fractional laser resurfacing keeps collagen production strong.
- Fat injections into cheeks, temples, and even the hands can effectively manage the signs of aging.
- Eyelid surgery removes under eye bags and sagging upper eyelid tissue.
- Brow lift surgery restores the position of a drooping brow. In some cases, this may be achieved with injections of a neuromodulator and dermal fillers.
- Facelift surgery restores the structure to the mid and lower face by draping loose tissue over the cheekbones and removing excess skin.
- Neck lift surgery keeps the aging neck in harmony with the rejuvenated face.