Kybella® is an injectable fat dissolver that has been approved to get rid of submental fat, also known as the double chin. Kybella® destroys the fat-producing cells under the chin, giving you a beautiful, slim, youthful appearance.
A simple series of injections, Kybella® uses deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring fat dissolver, to break down the cells under the skin that produce fat. The result is a permanent, smooth, and natural shape without the sagging double chin that often occurs with age.
Dr. Lorenc has seen wonderful results with Kybella® in his patients:
“This simple treatment has given my patients the younger, toned look that they want without having to use surgery or liposuction.”
The treatment usually requires two to four treatments and is safe and effective in his trained hands.
The most common side effects of Kybella® include bruising, swelling, numbness, and injection site discomfort. These are usually mild and go away quickly. Since deoxycholic acid is normally made by the body, there is almost no risk of allergic reaction. The only potentially serious side effect reported is an injury to one of the nerves that helps control lip movement, and that injury has gone away in every case in FDA trials.
- Kybella® is a nonsurgical treatment for double chin
- Kybella® dissolves the fat cells under the chin using a naturally-occurring substance
- Kybella® is not approved to be used in other parts of the body
- Patients typically need two to four treatment sessions with up to 50 injections per session
- Local anesthetic is used to control discomfort during injection and helps reduce bruising
- The treatment is permanent
- Common side effects include swelling, bruising, numbness, and pain at the injection site
- A small number of patients have experienced a temporary nerve injury to the face, and in clinical trials this nerve injury has resolved in every case