What is a Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery)?
Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure that alters the shape and size of the nose. It can also repair nasal damage caused by an injury, or if may be used to help correct breathing difficulties. Although the change in your appearance will be immediate and dramatic, the final result may not be realized for several months. In fact, family and friends may say they don’t see a major difference in your appearance, which to Dr. Lorenc is actually the goal of a successful rhinoplasty.
- IV sedation
- Long-lasting results
- Normally an outpatient procedure
Is It Right For You?
You may be a good candidate for nasal surgery if:
- You want a more symmetrical face
- You have a bulbous nose tip
- You have wide nostrils
- You want the bridge of your nose to be higher, lower, or more or less prominent
- Incisions are made inside the nose, where they are invisible
- Skin and tissue are sculpted
- Bone and cartilage are sculpted
Recovery and Healing
- A splint will cover your nose immediately after surgery
- You may have packing to support the nose as it heals
- If you experience swelling/bruising, it should subside within five to seven days
- Normal activities can be resumed after three weeks